The Centre for the enhancement of Academic Skills, Teaching, Learning and Employability (CASTLE) supports staff and students in academic development and aids students’ employability. The Centre is led by Dr Lorraine Anderson.
Aim and Rationale of the Centre
The Centre aims to facilitate pan-institutional collaborative partnerships in support of informed, effective and efficient practice in staff and student professional learning and development. The underpinning rationale is to:
- provide a unified and coherent ‘one Dundee’ approach to the provision of student skills development, and staff professional learning in relation to learning & teaching, that allows for articulation and integration of themes and activities across the two areas as appropriate;
- develop a knowledgeable and flexible team-based approach within the Centre to the delivery of staff and student professional learning and development with potential for collaboration with other partners across the institution, the provision of secondment opportunities, and partnership working with Dundee University Students’ Association (DUSA);
- create an institutional focus for the development of innovative practice in student skills development and staff professional learning; and
- establish a responsive and pro-active Centre to advance the aims and deliver the objectives of the University of Dundee in relation to its Vision and aspirations for students and staff.
Our teams focus on three key areas to support staff and students in their academic development and aid students with employability.
- Academic skills for students
- InspirED academic development
- Professional Recognition for University Teachers
We also provide a home for:
- credit bearing Careers & Enterprise modules;
- PG Certificate in Academic Practice in Higher Education (PG CAPHE);
- a staff lunchtime club (Friday FryUp)
Collaboration with the Centre
CASTLE aims to work collaboratively with colleagues across the University. Seed-corn funding opportunities may also be available for small teaching-related projects. Contact: email@example.com to discuss your ideas.
The CASTLE website is available at www.dundee.ac.uk/castle